One of the steps during the check-out process when buying something online is the retailer’s suggestion that the consumer creates an online account. Having a personalized account with your favorite stores helps the store give you a better customer experience.
It’s similar to the reason why it’s a good idea to have a member account with Independent Health.
In order to ensure you get the most out of your health care coverage, Independent Health encourages you to create an online member account. Having your own private and secure account allows you to have all of your plan information in one convenient place. Plus, since it’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can access your online account whenever you need to.
Your own, personalized secure account enables you to:
- Check your medical and pharmacy benefits.
- Review all of your claims.
- Print your member ID card.
- Update your contact information.
- Change your primary care physician.
- Check your Health ExtrasSM balance and Nutrition Benefit reward status*.
- Track your deductible if you’re enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan.
- Manage your Health Savings Account (HSA) through HealthEquity*.
- Make your premium payments electronically (if applicable).
Your online account also helps Independent Health give you important information and resources:
- We can help you manage your own health, leading to a healthier, more productive workforce you can depend on.
- It also enables us to e-mail you with timely and important updates about your plan, or with topics that will help you get and stay healthy.
- By communicating with you in the way you want to be communicated to, Independent Health can keep you up to date with personally-relevant information unique to your plan and individual health needs.
Once you’ve created your member account, download our powerful MyIH mobile app to have access to the information you need right on your smartphone:
- Your Member ID card
- Track your plan deductible and whether you’ve met it.
- View your benefits, claims status and history
We tend not think about insurance until we need it. Getting accustomed to using the member portal and the MyIH app gives you access to all the information you need to make the right decisions and have a customized resource that helps you get the most out of your coverage.