Being healthy feels good, but it doesn’t just come naturally. From finding the time to exercise to incorporating healthy food choices, leading a healthy lifestyle takes effort – but it should never break the bank. At Independent Health, we offer our members a range of programs and discounts that make it easy to stick to your good intentions so you can reach all your health and wellness goals.
Here are seven ways to save money while creating healthy habits with Independent Health.
- An extra boost of wellness: Did you know Independent Health members get $250 to help them on their health and wellness journey? It’s the pre-paid Health Extras debit card that can be used toward a variety of health and wellness goods and services. Participating vendors offer unique services and programs including fitness centers, online fitness subscriptions, acupuncture, and massage therapy.*
- Load up on fruits and vegetables: Exclusively from Independent Health, the nutrition benefit offers members the opportunity to earn $1 back for every $2 spent on fresh fruits and vegetables at Tops Friendly Markets – up to $500 as an individual and $1,000 as a family – each year. This unique program makes it easy to incorporate healthy food choices into your daily life and save money while doing so.*
- Go for a bike ride: Whether you want to get some fresh air on the ride to work or school or take a leisurely roll through a local park – riding a bike is an enjoyable way to exercise for a lot of people. With 400 bikes available to riders at 100 bike stations across Buffalo and Niagara Falls, the Reddy Bikeshare program makes it easy, convenient, and fun to explore our region. All Independent Health members receive discount memberships to Reddy Bikeshare.
- Take to the waterways: Explore what Lake Erie and Buffalo’s waterways have to offer by renting a kayaking or paddle board in the summertime. These are both great low-impact exercises that are guaranteed to refresh your mind and lift your spirits. Independent Health members receive discounts on rentals Longboards Paddle Company at the Outer Harbor and Buffalo Riverworks.
- Find fitness center discounts: Working out at a gym can be pricey, but before you decide against it – show your Independent Health Member ID card for discounts at a variety of participating fitness centers. From gym memberships to personal training sessions, there’s options for everyone looking to jump start or ramp up their fitness routine.
- Outfit your exercise routine: Whether you’re taking your bike on the trails or hitting some tennis balls at a local court, make sure you have all the equipment you need. Independent Health members receive discounts at participating specialty fitness stores. Here’s how to get deals on everything from equipment to accessories.
- Order healthier prepared meals: Some days you just don’t have the time or the energy to cook. Your Independent Health Member ID Card provides discounts with participating vendors. Having a collection of well-balanced meals on hand will help you regulate what you eat and stay on track with your personal diet goals while on the go.
(*Note that some programs and benefits vary by plan).